#RideForHorses is our campaign to inspire horse lovers to become horse protectors, and to educate the public on the importance of the horse-human bond in America today - a bond that has existed for centuries. We believe horses enrich the human body and spirit.
Whether you are a competing equestrian, a pleasure rider, or someone who loves horses — everyone can do something to ensure that America's horses live in comfort and with purpose and dignity.
Are you in? All it takes to join our campaign is a $25 donation. From major gifts to small gifts, every donation makes a difference! View all our #RideforHorses members here
If you are a US Equestrian member, your #RideforHorses membership also includes participation in the EQUUS Foundation Best Performance Competition
Help educate and inspire more equestrians and horse lovers to become horse protectors. "Like" and follow us social media — Facebook
— and ask your friends to do the same. The more followers we have, the stronger a voice we can be for America's horses!
1. Download the #RideForHorses sign here!
2. Post your Video or Photo using #EQUUSFoundation and #RideForHorses
3. Challenge at least three friends to do the same!
• Post your photo or video to social media, tagging the EQUUS Foundation and the friends you are challenging.
• Use the hashtags: #RideForHorses and #EQUUSFoundation.
• You can post something like, "We are proud to #RideForHorses for the #EQUUSFoundation to keep America's horses safe and loved!" Or something like, "We are proud to #RideforHorses for the #EQUUS Foundation to share in the magic of horses and to keep America's horses safe and loved."
• These are just examples, but any customized message with hashtags #RideForHorses and #EQUUS Foundation why horses mean something to you will be great!
Make a video with your equine friend holding the EQUUS Foundation #RideForHorses sign. If you do not have a horse to appear with you in your video, you can imitate a horse by stomping, whinnying, snorting, and eating a carrot! Be creative and fun!
*Here's an idea of what you may want to say:
"I, [your name], Ride For Horses on behalf of the EQUUS Foundation. I want all of America's horses to live in comfort, and with purpose and dignity. I challenge [names of at least three friends you are challenging] to Ride For Horses."
*More to say . . .
• We want your video to be unique and creative and in your own voice. Tell us why you think it is important to be part of the EQUUS Foundation's #RideForHorses Campaign and why horses are special to you and deserve our protection.
• You can also say in your video that you gave a donation to the EQUUS Foundation and encourage your viewers to also make a donation at equusfoundation.org/give. Every donation makes a difference!
• As the only national animal welfare charity in the United States 100% dedicated to horse welfare and the horse-human bond, the EQUUS Foundation's mission is to keep America's horses safe, working, and loved. Over 100,000 American horses were transported over the border to slaughter last year. Most were healthy and had untapped potential not just as athletes but also as companions, teachers, and healers.
• The EQUUS Foundation supports a network of equine charities across the United States that are focused on protecting America's horses at risk, and repurposing these horses in new careers, especially those serving people with special needs and veterans returning home from the trauma of war.
• As horse lovers, equestrians and people who work with and care about horses, it is critical that we step up now and take care of these noble animals that need our protection.
• Let’s DO THIS — Show us YOUR #RideForHorses video!!!!!
Did you know that you can get community service credit by volunteering for the EQUUS Foundation and the equine charities on our Equine Charity Network?
Search the Equine Charity Network
for charities near you to volunteer and become an EQUUS Foundation Champion
. The Champions program is an incentive-based equine service program sponsored by Ariat International
to stimulate and reward volunteerism on behalf of horses. Sign up here
Did you know that over 100,000 American horses were shipped over the border last year to be slaughtered? Most of these horses were young, healthy, and had untapped potential.
Search the Equine Charity Network
for organizations near you that may have horses available for adoption.
If you can't adopt a horse, consider fostering one at your barn or stable. Turn an empty stall into a lifeline for a horse at risk!
Recognizing that competition for charitable dollars is fierce with so many charities in need, we greatly appreciate the support of our events either through attendance, auction donations, or sponsorships.
Your support will help us increase the number of grants to charities that are improving the quality of life for horses and enriching the lives of people through their interaction with horses. Check here
for updates on our events.
Are you interested in a future in the equine industry? Use our Equine Education Network to locate colleges and universities offering equine programs.