Now Is The Time!
"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world
are the ones who do."
Horses bring joy to millions of people and help make those with the deepest of wounds whole again, but tens of thousands of horses, donkeys, and mules are victims of abuse and neglect each year and there are still just under 20,000 horses being shipped across our borders for slaughter.
NO HORSE should be subjected to this inhumane fate. There are solutions within our reach for America's horses that need a lifeline. Programs providing equine-assisted therapeutic services offer endless career opportunities in addition to grass roots recreational and competitive roles for horses in transition. Horses have the amazing ability to inspire, empower and heal.
We hope to build consensus within the equine industry to embrace solutions for equines in transition other than shipping them across our borders for slaughter. At the core is the need for all horse lovers to speak up that America's horses enhance our lives and need our protection and take the pledge!
Take the #HorseProtector Pledge
- I understand that horses, donkeys and mules (collectively referred to as horses) are strong and powerful creatures but they are also vulnerable and dependent on human beings for their care and welfare.
- I believe that all horses should be treated with dignity and never put in a position where they may suffer abuse or neglect.
- I believe that no horse should ever be sold, transferred, released, or otherwise placed into possession of any person or organization that would cause or allow the horse to be sold at auction for slaughter.
- I believe that all horses should experience a humane and painless end of life after all reasonable treatment options have been explored.
- I will be a friend and voice for horses that need me and advocate for equine welfare in whatever way I am able.