1. Get healthy and moving for America's horses! Set your personal fitness goal for the number of steps you pledge to take by walking, running, riding or other activities.
2. Click here
to view the horses of the participating EQUUS Foundation Guardian charities and select your favorite or we can assign a horse for you.
3. Complete and submit the online registration form here
. Instead of having a registration fee, we ask all participants to join our #HorseProtector campaign with a donation of your choice. If you are not already an EQUUS Foundation #HorseProtector, sign up here
4. Once registered, you will receive an email from us confirming your registration with the link to your Stepping Out page featuring the specific horse to fundraise for. We encourage you to share your link with family and friends to fundraise for your favorite horse. Please also consider posting photos of you "Stepping Out" during the week on social media and tag us at @EQUUSFoundation and use the hashtag #EQUUSFoundation.
You may wish to set a donation goal, for example, raising a penny for each step taken. A pledge of 25,000 during the show week would make your donation goal $250.
In reaching out to your family and friends, you might say, "I am taking 25,000 steps this week in support of [horse's name at charity name] as part of the Stepping Out for America's Horses Campaign – and I want to raise $250. Will you support my efforts with a donation? 100% of the donations I raise will go to support the care of [horse's name]. Please use this specific link to make the donation – [include your unique link]. Thank you."
5. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
6. Following the close of the campaign, we will distribute a media release featuring the individuals who raised the most funds.