Equine Welfare Network:
Code of Conduct
• The organization is expected to communicate in a courteous, civil and respectful manner at all times and refrain from publicly criticizing other members or representatives of the EQUUS Foundation, including in person, in written communications (regular or electronic), and in social media forums, such as Twitter and Facebook. The EQUUS Foundation does not condone harassment in social media and other public forums.
• The organization is expected to present a positive image of the EQUUS Foundation at all times. It is unacceptable to act unprofessionally at any time while at a EQUUS Foundation-sponsored event or function or in public communications about the EQUUS Foundation.
• The organization is expected to act in a cooperative and supportive manner with other members and with the sponsoring organizations of the EQUUS Foundation.
• If the organization or its representatives disagree with another member, sponsor, donor or representative of the EQUUS Foundation, the organization is expected to refer the matter to the EQUUS Foundation President.
• The organization is expected to keep confidential any information they receive about EQUUS Foundation strategy and decision making. This includes, but is not limited to, the EQUUS Foundation inquiries and review in response to complaints. This applies to information received orally and in writing, regardless of how transmitted, maintained, or stored.
• The organization is not permitted to send e-mail or transmit any other communication that contains ethnic slurs, racial epithets, or anything that may be construed to harass or disparage others based on their race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious or political beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• The organization is not permitted to use EQUUS Foundation communications to solicit, promote or advertise any organization, product or service.
Adapted from the Code of Conduct for Members of the Homes for Horses Cpalition.
Last Updated January 1, 2023.
Copyright 2018 EQUUS Foundation
Tele: 203-259-1550 Email: email@example.com