How Many Steps Will You Take to Keep America's Horses Safe? Register Today!
Stepping Out for America's Horses - June 22-26, 2021
View all the participating horses here
All funds you raise go directly to support the care of the horse you select!
to learn more and register!
1. Set your personal fitness goal for the number of steps you pledge to take by walking, running, riding or other activities.
2. Click here
to view the horses of the participating charities and select your favorite or we can assign a horse for you.
3. Complete and submit the online registration form here
. Instead of having a registration fee, we ask all participants to join our #HorseProtector campaign with a donation of your choice. If you are not already an EQUUS Foundation #HorseProtector, sign up here
4. Once registered, you will receive an email from us confirming your registration and the link to your own Stepping Out page featuring your favorite horse to fundraise for.
5. Share your link with family and friends to fundraise for your favorite horse. Please also consider posting photos of you "Stepping Out" during the week on social media and tag us at @EQUUSFoundation and use the hashtag #EQUUSFoundation.
You may wish to set a donation goal, for example, raising a penny for each step taken. A pledge of 25,000 steps during the show week would make your donation goal $250.
In reaching out to your family and friends, you might say, "I am taking 25,000 steps this week in support of [horse's name at charity name] as part of the Stepping Out for America's Horses Campaign – and I want to raise $250. Will you support my efforts with a donation? 100% of the donations I raise will go to support the care of [horse's name]. Please use this specific link to make the donation – [include your unique link]. Thank you."
6. The registrants who raise the most funds will be recognized in our media release at the close of the campaign.
We look forward to your participation!